Our Saturday 4:30 pm Mass will be broadcasted for your viewing pleasure. Broadcast will automatically start at 4:15 pm each Saturday. Click in the window to start broadcast.
We apologize for the technical issues. Video is very delayed. We are currently working with our IT and StreamSpot teams to correct these issues. We will keep you updated.
To Our Parishioners,
Please see updates below from The Diocese of Covington - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.
We have been following very closely the information that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has been providing for us. I have also spoken to fellow bishops, have established a Coronavirus task force to study the situation and make recommendations in how we should address it locally, have met this morning with our Deans and Vicars, have asked for and received from almost every pastor their experience and that of their parishioners from this past weekend Masses. Taking all this into consideration and especially having taken it to prayer, the following is our response.
- Public weekday and Sunday Masses in every parish church, in every chapel and oratory, in every religious house, in any of our institutions are suspended effective Friday, 20 March 2020. Since the situation is so fluid, this suspension will be in effect until further notice. There are no exceptions to this suspension.
- Public celebration of the Sacraments and other public forms of worship are suspended indefinitely. This includes Lenten Penance Services, other Lenten devotions, celebrations of First Holy Communion, Communion Services, etc. Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) and Anointing of the Sick are permitted on a private basis upon request.
- Funerals, burial services, and already scheduled weddings are permitted but attendance must be limited to a maximum of 10 participants. This includes the celebrant.
- Parish priests are advised to provide the faithful with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for a brief period each day. Attendees are directed to practice social distancing.
- All parish office activity is to be suspended for a period of two weeks beginning on Friday, 20 After that date, parish office activity should be limited to a few days a week at most with a minimum number of staff.
- All parish meetings of any kind are likewise to be canceled.
- All parish socials of any sort are to be canceled. This includes, but is not limited to, fish frys (eat-in or carry-out) and bingo.
All previously published diocesan protocols addressing the COVID-19 remain in force.
The St. Barbara Adoration Chapel will remain open for meditation and personal prayer (limit of 4 persons), with the exception of Wednesday and Saturday from 10am-Noon for sanitizing. The code is 1234*. We would advise all those who use the chapel to practice social distancing per the CDC guidelines. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be made available for your use.
Our weekly bulletin and homily will still be made available online for your reading and listening pleasure. The printed bulletin will not be made available at this time.
While sanitation and cleaning routines are already part of our parish protocol for the St. Barbara campus, we will be closely monitoring advisories from federal and state health officials as we move forward. Since conditions are changing rapidly, we will keep you updated on any changes regarding COVID-19 and how it relates to our parish activity. For official country and state up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or www.kycovid19.ky.gov
This is an unprecedented time for all of us. Please continue to remember your family, friends, neighbors, and those who are directly affected by this pandemic. Many people are out of work due to office, restaurant, and retail closures. If you wish us to help others by making an additional financial contribution please donate electronically thru our website at https://stbarbaraky.weshareonline.org . One-time donations can be made to the Sunday Collection or St. Vincent DePaul tabs. As always if you wish to continue your Sunday donation, please use the We Share link above to contribute or mail your weekly envelopes to the office.
Please note since parish activities are cancelled, we are changing our office hours to BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you have questions, need to make an appointment or contact Fr. John Sterling please call us at 371-3100. Any elderly parishioners who have specific questions please contact Fr. Sterling for assistance. If no one is available select the appropriate extension to leave a message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Take care and God bless.
Fr. John Sterling
GENERAL UPDATES AND INFORMATION
We will be adding new information as it available regarding ministry updates, useful information etc. Please reference this page often. We will list it by date.
MASS ON FACEBOOK:
All, our 4:30 mass on Saturday will be streamed live on our Facebook page. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/SaintBarbaraErlanger to watch the mass live.
Mass intentions will still be recognized by Fr. Sterling. If you have any questions please contact the office.
Blessings to all our CCD families. We miss you and look forward to being together soon.
Thank you for checking the St. Barbara website Bulletins and staying in touch. We look forward to being together again soon. We will advise you as soon as we know about any change in the dates for First Communion and Confirmation, and when classes will resume.
Please continue to pray celebrate Mass online, and listen to Father John’s homilies on the St. Barbara website. Children’s Sunday Liturgy Resources, such as word searches and coloring pages are available on the website: Sermons 4 Kids.com.
Your CCD teachers miss you and ask that you continue to say your prayers daily.
First Communion class students: Parents, please practice with the children reverence and bowing during the reception of the holy Eucharist. You will receive a letter in the mail regarding the celebration.
Confirmation candidates: We are so pleased that your retreat was so inspirational and you all celebrated the sacrament of Penance with Father John. Your Confirmation program is available on Dynamic Catholic.com. Click on Confirmation or Parish to access your video lessons.
There are many digital DVD’s and lessons for Children and families on the free website www.formed .org. St. Barbara has a subscription to this valuable resource.
We sincerely pray that we will all be together again soon. Please continue to check the St. Barbara bulletins and website online for further resources and guidelines. Contact our office at 859 371 3100 Extension 12 with any questions or concerns, and leave a voicemail. You may also email at any time: Jackie Koop, St. Barbara Parish CRE at [email protected].
If you would like to watch Mass on Sunday via live streams see the list below of Parishes that are currently offering streaming services and on what stations you can find them
Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption
- Sundays from 5-6 PM on MeTV WLWT (5-2 on antenna)
- Spectrum channel 188 in Kentucky
- Cincinnati Bell - channels 23or 291
Holy Cross Catholic Church, Covington
- Sunday 8:30 AM - Streamed on Facebook - Holy Cross Catholic Church
Mother of God Church, Covington
- Sunday 11:30 AM - Streamed on Facebook - Mother of God Church-Covington,KY
- Livestream is also on their website, mother-of-god>Watch Our Mass Online
St. Pius X Catholic Church, Edgewood
- Sunday 9:30 AM - Go to the website Parish.stpiusx.com >Resouces>Mass Live Stream & Recordings
Welcome to St. Barbara Church
You will find us a friendly and welcoming community. Browse around here; better yet stop in and visit us at Sunday mass. We would love to meet you.
Be sure to check out the links under our Community Tab.
Activities posted here are open to all parishioners
and the St. Barbara Community.
Saturday - 4:30 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Monday - Friday - 10 AM
10 AM and 7 PM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday - 3:45 PM or by appointment (call Parish office)
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
24 hour adoration in the Holy Spirit Chapel
Get Our App!
The St. Barbara Church Mobile App gives our parishioners, staff and visitors, mobile access to important information such as calendars, minister schedules, Catholic prayers, reminders, photos and so much more.
IT’S FREE. IT’S SIMPLE. From your smartphone or tablet, visit Google Play or the App Store to download and install the app, or search “St. Barbara Church” in your app store.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK! www.facebook.com/SaintBarbaraErlanger
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! Get Tweets from us! Follow us @SBChurchKY
- Reverend John Sterling, Pastor
- Chuck Melville, Deacon
- Patti Taylor, Administrative Assistant
- Lesley Duggan, Administrative Assistant and Bookeeper
- John Kidwell, Youth Minister
- Jackie Koop, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Dawn DiVita, Event Center Director
- Ken Guenther, Plant Engineer
- Anthony Depenbrock, Business Manager
- John Mikula, Development Director
9:00AM to 3:30PM
9:00 AM to Noon
Phone: (859) 371-3100