Our Saturday 4:30 PM Mass along with 10:00 AM weekday masses (Tuesday thru Friday) will be broadcasted for your viewing pleasure.
Saturday broadcast will begin at 4:15 PM each Saturday
Weekday mass broadcasts will begin at 9:55 AM each morning
Click in the window to start broadcast. You can view the previous broadcast at any time by selecting the Previous Broadcasts icon and finding the date of the broadcast you wish to view.
Welcome to St. Barbara Church
You will find us a friendly and welcoming community. Browse around here; better yet stop in and visit us at Sunday mass. We would love to meet you.
Be sure to check out the links under our Community Tab.
Activities posted here are open to all parishioners
and the St. Barbara Community.
Saturday - 4:30 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Monday - Friday - 10 AM
10 AM and 7 PM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday - 3:45 PM or by appointment (call Parish office)
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
24 hour adoration in the Holy Spirit Chapel
Get Our App!
The St. Barbara Church Mobile App gives our parishioners, staff and visitors, mobile access to important information such as calendars, minister schedules, Catholic prayers, reminders, photos and so much more.
IT’S FREE. IT’S SIMPLE. From your smartphone or tablet, visit Google Play or the App Store to download and install the app, or search “St. Barbara Church” in your app store.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK! www.facebook.com/SaintBarbaraErlanger
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! Get Tweets from us! Follow us @SBChurchKY
- Reverend John Sterling, Pastor
- Chuck Melville, Deacon
- Patti Taylor, Administrative Assistant
- Lesley Duggan, Administrative Assistant and Bookeeper
- John Kidwell, Youth Minister
- Jackie Koop, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Dawn DiVita, Event Center Director
- Ken Guenther, Plant Engineer
- Ted Lorenz, Business Manager
- John Mikula, Development Director
9:00AM to 3:30PM
9:00 AM to Noon
Phone: (859) 371-3100
NOVEMBER 20, 2020
Starting Tuesday November 24th, we will once again resume the weekday mass schedule. Fr. John has shown no Covid symptoms and has been cleared for duty. With that said we are updating a few Covid guidelines. Starting this Saturday Reconciliation will move to the small classrooms in the old hall. We are also asking when you receive communion to allow for 6’ of separation prior to removing your mask and taking the Eucharist.
Thank you for your support.
God Bless, Fr. John
NOVEMBER 14, 2020
Fr John has tested positive for Covid. He currently has no symptoms Praise God. He had been getting tested once a month. The parish has also been informed that a couple other parishioners have tested positive, as well as a few brother priests. We will have Mass this weekend but weekday services will be canceled until further notice.
Let us all pray for an end to this pandemic.
God Bless, Fr. John
JULY 13, 2020
ROCKTOBERFEST POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
JULY 09, 2020
Per Gov. Beshear a mandatory mask order has been announced for Kentucky and starts at 5 p.m. Friday, July 10, and is in effect for 30 days. Beshear said it will be enforced by local health departments. You will be required to wear a mask while you are on the the campus of St. Barbara Church. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
MAY 20, 2020
WELCOME BACK! -
We have been awaiting your return to celebrate the Eucharist with us. Here is some important information for you to know if you are coming to Mass at St. Barbara’s.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Please enter the church through the Narthex doors. Please enter the Sterling Event Center through the main entry doors.
- Church Capacity will be 160 people. Every other pew is closed to meet the social distancing guidelines. Mass will be streamed into the Sterling Event Center (capacity 120) for overflow.
- The Eucharist will be distributed in church and in the Sterling Event Center.
- Father will hold reconciliations on Saturday evenings beginning at 3:45 PM. He will be utilizing the children’s chapel off the Narthex.
- Rosary will be at 4:00 PM on Saturday evening and at 8:30 AM on Sunday morning only.
- Due to church sanitizing church and Sterling event Center doors will open as follows for Masses. Saturday evening at 3:45 PM for the 4:30 PM Mass. Sunday at 8:25 AM for the 9:00 AM Mass Sunday at 10:40 AM for the 11:00 AM Mass
- Bulletins will only be available on-line with the possibility of printed ones in the future.
- There will be a drop box in back of church and in the back of the SEC for dropping off your envelopes and donations. Envelopes and donations can also be mailed.
- Please do not socialize before or after Masses. Father Sterling and Deacon Melville will not be greeting before or after Masses.
- Please stay safe and help keep everyone in our St. Barbara Family safe by following guidelines and staying home if you are not feeling well or your immune system is compromised.
Please share this information with anyone who does not have e-mail.
More updates to follow.
Fr. John Sterling
Please see updates below from The Diocese of Covington
We have been following very closely the information that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has been providing for us. I have also spoken to fellow bishops, have established a Coronavirus task force to study the situation and make recommendations in how we should address it locally, have met this morning with our Deans and Vicars, have asked for and received from almost every pastor their experience and that of their parishioners from this past weekend Masses. Taking all this into consideration and especially having taken it to prayer, the following is our response.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) and Anointing of the Sick are permitted on a private basis upon request.
- Funerals, burial services, and already scheduled weddings are permitted but attendance must be limited to a maximum of 10 participants. This includes the celebrant.
- Parish priests are advised to provide the faithful with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for a brief period each day. Attendees are directed to practice social distancing.
- All parish office activity is to be suspended for a period of two weeks beginning on Friday, 20 After that date, parish office activity should be limited to a few days a week at most with a minimum number of staff.
- All parish meetings of any kind are likewise to be canceled.
- All parish socials of any sort are to be canceled. This includes, but is not limited to, fish frys (eat-in or carry-out) and bingo.
All previously published diocesan protocols addressing the COVID-19 remain in force.
The St. Barbara Adoration Chapel will remain open for meditation and personal prayer (limit of 4 persons), with the exception of Wednesday and Saturday from 10am-Noon for sanitizing. The code is 1234*. We would advise all those who use the chapel to practice social distancing per the CDC guidelines. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be made available for your use.
Our weekly bulletin and homily will still be made available online for your reading and listening pleasure. The printed bulletin will not be made available at this time.
While sanitation and cleaning routines are already part of our parish protocol for the St. Barbara campus, we will be closely monitoring advisories from federal and state health officials as we move forward. Since conditions are changing rapidly, we will keep you updated on any changes regarding COVID-19 and how it relates to our parish activity. For official country and state up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or www.kycovid19.ky.gov
This is an unprecedented time for all of us. Please continue to remember your family, friends, neighbors, and those who are directly affected by this pandemic. Many people are out of work due to office, restaurant, and retail closures. If you wish us to help others by making an additional financial contribution please donate electronically thru our website at https://stbarbaraky.weshareonline.org . One-time donations can be made to the Sunday Collection or St. Vincent DePaul tabs. As always if you wish to continue your Sunday donation, please use the We Share link above to contribute or mail your weekly envelopes to the office.
Please note since parish activities are cancelled, we are changing our office hours to BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you have questions, need to make an appointment or contact Fr. John Sterling please call us at 371-3100. Any elderly parishioners who have specific questions please contact Fr. Sterling for assistance. If no one is available select the appropriate extension to leave a message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Take care and God bless.
Fr. John Sterling
GENERAL UPDATES AND INFORMATION
We will be adding new information as it available regarding ministry updates, useful information etc. Please reference this page often. We will list it by date.
St Barbara Strong
Good morning. If you were not able to make it to mass this weekend to pick up your St. Barbara Strong shirt you can place an order by calling Peggy Tuemler 859-866-2777 or emailing her at [email protected] Your order can be picked up Thursday night 9/17 in front of the church from 6-8 PM. We will have a drive-thru set up for your convenience. Just pull up give us your name and we can bring your order to you.
After Thursday, you can make arrangements with the office to pick up a shirt. Please call the office prior stopping in.
Dear Families of Confirmation Candidates,
As I started my day on May 14th, my handy phone calendar reminded me that it should have been Confirmation Celebration Day. All of you would have had butterflies in your stomachs, and nervous jitters as you prepared for your big day. Instead, we wait, as the rest of the world does. We will be returning to church this week, but we have not heard from our diocese about a date to reschedule. Even though you have not yet received the sacrament, I’m sure the Holy Spirit has taken a place in your hearts, and is with you, as Jesus promised us. Please continue to complete your service hours, especially spiritual service for yourself, by praying. Your Confirmation will be celebrated; we just don’t know the date. When we do, we will contact you. Stay strong and patient.
Love, luck, and laughter always.
Mrs. Diane Blackwood
I hope you're having a good weekend!
My Dear 6th Graders,
Greeting to CCD Families
Happy Easter Season to all of you. Please know that we love and miss you, and you are in our prayers daily. We should be preparing for First Communion, May Crowning, and Confirmation, but those will have to be put on hold for the time being. Please continue to celebrate Mass with us online, daily and weekly, and receive Spiritual Communion, until we can be together again. Be kind and patient with each other, and work hard from your in home classrooms.
Here is a message from Mrs. Wilson to cheer you.
We, like the first disciples, can rejoice and take comfort in the peace that Jesus gives us. “On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.” Jesus’ peace can help us stay calm and pray on as we face obstacles in our lives. This week, draw a symbol of God’s peace and signs of new life. Pray this prayer of peace taken from your religion book: “Risen Jesus, be our peace in all the joyful times and in the sad times. Give us the gift of your peace that the world cannot take away. Amen.” This is our prayer for you and your families.
Peace! Mrs. Wilson and your St. Barbara CCD Staff
Why shouldn’t you tell an Easter egg a joke? It might crack up.
What kind of bean can’t grow in a garden? A jelly bean.